You can’t watch movies and TV shows on your device just yet
But you can still browse and buy
Sorry, but blinkbox movies and TV shows are currently only available in the UK
- As part of the Tesco Group, at blinkbox Entertainment Limited ("we"/"us"/"our") we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your Personal Information (as defined below in paragraph 3.1). We have created this Privacy Notice to let you know what information we collect when you visit the website http://www.blinkbox.com (the "Website"), use the services available (collectively, the "blinkbox Services"), why we collect this information and how the collected information is used.
CONSENT TO PRIVACY NOTICE
- By your continued use of the blinkbox Services following the posting of this Privacy Notice (as applicable), you agree to this Privacy Notice. This is our entire and exclusive Privacy Notice and it supersedes any earlier version. This Privacy Notice forms part of and should be read in conjunction with our Terms and any additional applicable terms on the blinkbox Services. We may periodically make changes to this Privacy Notice and will notify you of these changes by posting the modified terms on the Website. We recommend that you revisit this Privacy Notice regularly. If we are going to use Personal Information in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you by posting a notice on the blinkbox Services.
- "Personal Information" means information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, home or other physical address, email address, pictures, phone number, other contact information, website usage preferences, the personal photographs and videos you submit and feedback regarding the blinkbox Services. You may be asked to provide Personal Information when you use the blinkbox Services. This information is held by us on secure servers based in the UK. In addition, when you interact with the blinkbox Services, our servers may keep an activity log unique to you that collects certain administrative and traffic information including: source IP address, time of access, date of access, web page(s) visited, language use, software crash reports and type of browser used.
Means of Collecting and Processing Data
- We may automatically collect certain data and receive Personal Information about you where you provide such information through the blinkbox Services or other communications and interactions with us. We may also receive information about you that is held by Tesco Group under its 'Tesco Clubcard' loyalty scheme, where you have entered your 'Tesco Clubcard' details.
We use the Personal Information you provide to:
- deliver the blinkbox Services;
- provide user support (including processing any complaints or enquiries made by you);
- provide you with information products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes as set out in paragraph 3.4);
- notify you about changes to the blinkbox Services;
- facilitate your earning and redemption of 'Tesco Clubcard' loyalty points (where applicable); and
- for any other purpose related to the operation of the blinkbox Services.
- We use the Personal Information you provide to:
Passing on Your Data to Third Parties
- Anonymised information about your use of the blinkbox Services may be provided to the operator of another service, electronic guide, portal, platform or network gateway integrated with or used by your Device.
- You may choose to receive promotional communications, either by indicating your communications preferences when you sign up to any new blinkbox Services or products and where any such option is made available to you, via the Website or otherwise.
- Where you have elected to receive promotional information, we may also use your Personal Information (including your email address and phone number) to provide you with information regarding any products, services and promotions offered by us and selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
- If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, or pass on your details for marketing purposes, please contact us or amend your communication preferences.
- We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, for example analysing data, providing marketing assistance, and processing and storing credit card details. They have access to personal information required to perform their functions, but are not permitted to use it for other purposes. They must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and must adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act").
- We will not sell, lease or share your Personal Information except as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- As a part of the Tesco Group, we may pass on your Personal Information to any member of the Tesco Group, comprising our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) for the purposes of providing the blinkbox Services, dealing with administration and to facilitate your earning and redemption of 'Tesco Clubcard' loyalty points (where applicable).
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if blinkbox Entertainment Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with any legal process served on us or the blinkbox Services or in circumstances where we are under a substantially similar legal obligation; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) act to protect the personal safety of users of the blinkbox Services or the public.
- In order to comply with new rules, we use a system of classifying the different types of cookies which we use on the Website, or which may be dropped by third parties through our websites. The classification was developed by the International Chamber of Commerce UK and explains more about which cookies we use, why we use them, and the functionality you will lose if you decide you don't want to have them on your device. Please be reassured that we are working on other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the Website.
What is a cookie?
- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
- Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies used on the Website
A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
- Strictly necessary cookies
- A list of all the cookies used on the Website by category is set out below:
Behavioural advertising and online privacy
- A guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu. The guide contains an explanation of the IAB’s self-regulatory scheme to allow you greater control of the advertising you see.
Using browser settings to manage cookies
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- You have the right to access information held about you in accordance with the Act. If you would like to confirm the accuracy of the Personal Information we have collected about you; would like to update your Personal Information or delete your Personal Information; and/or have any complaint regarding our use of your Personal Information, please contact us. If requested, we will change any information you have provided to us or mark any information to prohibit future use, provided that you provide such evidence as we may reasonably require for such changes.
- We reserve the right to conduct a security review at any time to validate your identity, age, the registration data provided by you and to verify your use of the blinkbox Services for potential breach of the Terms and of applicable law. By accepting the Terms, you authorise us, our staff, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and suppliers to use your Personal Information and to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purposes of validating the information you provide to us in the course of using the blinkbox Services, including, where necessary, the transfer of information outside of your country. Security reviews may include verifying the information you provide against third-party databases. In addition, to facilitate these security reviews, you agree to provide such information or documentation as we may request.
- We store all of the Personal Information we receive directly from you and use reasonable measures to protect all Personal Information that is stored within our database. We also take steps to ensure that our agents, affiliates and suppliers also employ adequate levels of security. For any additional information about the security measures we employ please email us.
- The transmission of information via the Internet is not always completely secure. We take steps to ensure protection of your Personal Information but we can not guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
- The blinkbox Services are not intended for or directed at persons under the age of 13 (or the lawful age in the relevant user's respective jurisdiction). Any person who provides their information to us through any part of the blinkbox Service represents to us that they are 13 years of age (or the lawful age in their respective jurisdiction) or older. If we become aware that a minor has attempted to or has submitted personal information via the online site, we will not accept this information and will take steps to remove such information from our records.
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to: blinkbox Entertainment Limited, 20-24 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS.